Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Keeping A Piece For Me

Am living in a house at the top of a mountain.  This house isn't mine, but I am welcome here.

I treasure that.

I am living in a house at the top of a mountain, listening to a dog snore next to me.

It calms me.

Living in this house is temporary, but the peace it brings will resonate beyond my end date.

******************************************************

This past week has been interesting.  Apparently, I am not one for smooth slow transitions.  Perhaps, I have become too attached to my manual transmission and throw myself into gear and out with the same fierceness.

Met a new friend recently.  I have a lovely crush, which I will keep in my back pocket.  Something to pull out and enjoy alone every so often.  It is so nice to have a new friend.  Especially one with a similar banter line.  ESPECIALLY one who likes to read and I get to introduce lots of lovely new titles too.  Heh, knowing me that last bit is the biggest attraction.

No, this person is lovely.  Smart, yummy and very very clever.  I look forward to our next conversation.  Which won't be for a few days.  Like I said, I need to keep my crush in my back pocket.  Gotta whittle it down some then fold it up nice and neat.  So it slips in easy and I won't make anyone uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment